Tim Yeo - The Weblog

formerly dedicated to the gentle stalking of one of our finest Conservative MPs

Monday, June 30, 2003

Tim Yeo ignores interwebnet rabble

The following is a copy of an email sent from Tim Ireland (internet chest-beater) to Tim Yeo (real life hero) Wednesday last. It was, quite rightly, ignored. We salute Tim Yeo's bravery, and look forward to providing many years of valuable service here at the Tim Yeo Weblog.

Dear Mr Yeo,

Somehow I don’t think that this one small issue encapsulates everything you have done or are trying to do as an MP, but as far as 75% of web users who search for your name are concerned, it is presented as the primary issue.

In fact, it’s now presented ahead of your profile at Conservatives.com

Perhaps, then, the small threat of admitting that you actually made a mistake pales into insignificance in this case.

Let us hope so, because I’m about to show you my fluffier side and make a very kind offer. With a shelf-life of precisely 24 hours.


What I Need From You:

- Answer this email within 24 hours.
- Acknowledge that it was a bit cheeky of you to hijack an existing campaign and use it for your own ends.
- Apologise for same.
- Guarantee that you will seek no further publicity on this front and/or promise that you will acknowledge the contribution Bloggerheads has made should the issue come up again.

(optional)
- Ask a question in parliament designed to nail down an actual delivery date on a viable service for Tony Blair (the two previous questions are on record, so how carefully you need to word this question should be obvious).


Many folks that watch Bloggerheads are almost as angry about this as I am, so they’re going to want to see a result. Because of this, I will need to blog your reply in part or total (so please keep this in mind when drafting it).

However, this strictly limited offer does negate the need for you to publish your apology at Conservatives.com and via a major newspaper. Also...


What I Offer In Return:

If we can settle this promptly to the satisfaction of my readers (and myself), it makes sense to simply draw a line under it from there and call it a day. So...

- The Tim Yeo - Campaign Hijacker page will be amended to display the true nature of this issue (i.e. as a simple, and corrected, misunderstanding).
- All nude images (and references to same) will be removed from this page.
- The Tim Yeo weblog will be shut down and removed entirely.


Why This Makes Sense:

I can stop. I can release my vice-like grip. Some form of spiked hammer is not necessary. I cannot, however, guarantee the same of anybody else who comes along and considers this situation to be well out of order. This means that you not only have to worry about escalation of activity from myself, but also from other users who may wish to use you as an IT punching-bag.

The longer this issue is out there and as prominent as this, the greater that risk is. God forbid that a journalist should decide to research your name sometime in the next few days.

I urge you to get in touch today and settle this.

There are more important things in life, and I’d like to get on with them.

I am sure that you feel the same.

Regards,

Tim Ireland
http://www.bloggerheads.com/
(Please note that this email to you has been blogged in its entirety.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home