Tim Yeo - The Weblog

formerly dedicated to the gentle stalking of one of our finest Conservative MPs

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Declaration Of Amnesty

Dear Mr Yeo,

It cannot have escaped your attention that this weblog is the top search result for your name in Google. And Yahoo. And AltaVista, Ask Jeeves, HotBot, MSN and Lycos. Every time you appear in print, speak on the radio or pop up on TV, I reach about fifty new people who want to know more about you via this weblog.

Therefore, it is a liability to you.

You may also have noted that I've been actively campaigning to get more MPs weblogging. The campaign to get constituents to blog on behalf of MPs is chuffing along nicely. The very best example has been set by the weblog on behalf of Jim Cousins with the author's attempt to keep it free of bias and - above all - this open offer:

If the real Jim Cousins ever finds out about this blog he can have it, and the associated gmail address, as long as he keeps it up to date. How good an offer is that? Nice, easy to use way to get in touch with his constituents. For free. Come and get it Jim.

This weblog, however, sets a very bad example and threatens to scare some less-knowledgeable MPs off. Also, the issues of trust that it raises via my association with it places me very firmly in the role of campaigner, when I would much rather be a provider.

Therefore, it is a liability to me.

The solution is simple....

This weblog is yours for the taking. All you have to do is drop me a line via email (manic AT bloggerheads DOT com) so I can hand you the keys. The only condition I set is that you bring it to life rather than kill it. That's the core of the offer. Icing and sprinkles follow...

The Archives: My professional advice would be to leave the archives in place. You'll gain a great deal of respect for taking a hit to the chin with good grace. But that's just advice; feel free to ignore it.

The Design: We can dress the blog up in Tory blue and review the static links/content so these give a better overview of who you are and what you stand for. There will be no charge for this service.

Consultancy: It would take me about an hour to teach you the technical basics, but the social aspect is what counts and the learning curve here can be steep. I'm willing to help. There will be a nominal charge for this service.

I urge you to consider this offer carefully. Together we can set a healthier and more constructive tone in the political blogging arena, but only if we are both willing to swallow our pride.

With Kind Regards,

Tim Ireland
www.bloggerheads.com

Note to readers of this blog - If you think this is a good offer and Tim Yeo should snap it up, you can help by adding your voice. Phone, fax and email details for Tim Yeo appear on the top left of this blog. Get in touch today and let the man know that we're nice people, really - and ready and waiting to welcome the first Tory MP to the weblog community.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:16:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dont be a "DimTim" take it on the ChinTim

     
  • At Friday, June 17, 2005 3:07:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dad is really cool, you loser! Tim Yeo rocks! You're just jealous because you're so sad!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha from claudia-marie stent

     
  • At Monday, June 20, 2005 6:21:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you may think that you're the bees knees because you've made this oh-how-i-love-to-annoy-tim-yeo weblog and you may think it's funny but it's not! If you don't believe I'm the real Claudia Stent, then tough, I am! I'll tell you three of my interests:
    Writing, reading and gymnastics! I went to Kimbolton Prep School and I now go to St Marys Ascot! Tim Yeo is the best and I know for a fact that he is setting up his own site and it's going to be much better than this pathetic blog. MY site's better than this (www.yr7sonthebrinkofcool.co.nr) for goodness sake! Why do you have to insult Daddy so much? You're a big bully! I hate you! But please sign my guestbook!! xoxoxoxox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home